Welcome to my little green patch. I hope you are blessed, inspired, and even tickled by what you find here!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What's On My Mind......

Yeah know, change can be a really hard thing.  There's nothing like uprooting yourself, your kids, your life, to go live in another country for a year.  No matter how you try to plan and prepare, nothing can prepare you for the reality of your feelings, your new living conditions, and leaving your 'other life' behind.

When I was a teenager I learned a song that has been playing in my head for the last few weeks.  This is how it goes:

This world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through.
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue.
The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

Oh Lord, you know, I have no friend like You!
If Heaven's not my home, then Lord, what would I do?
The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

My life is in You, Lord, my strength in you in, Lord, my hope is in you Lord, in You, it's in You.......in You!

Now I have a new song!  I hope God has given you a song to get you through the day.  Praise ye the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Thank-you, this was just what i needed today. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't heard that last song for years! Probably way back at the church I got saved in.

    We've got a poster up with a similar theme as the first song.

    This world is not my home
    Although it seems to be
    My home is with my God
    In the place He has made for me
    He's coming back real soon
    The signs are very clear
    So when the trumpet sounds
    I'll be outa here!

    It's supposed to be a poster for children, but me and Nick really like it too! :-D

    ReplyDelete