Welcome to my little green patch. I hope you are blessed, inspired, and even tickled by what you find here!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Birthday Blast

Another busy week, but this time full of celebration and fun!  This past week has been the annual celebration of my children's birthdays.  My youngest, Dakota (born March 15, 2005, at 4:30pm, weighing 5lbs 5oz) just celebrated his 5th birthday.  We had a wonderful day of celebration: pancakes for breakfast (Dak's favourite), made gluten free cup cakes (that was an experience) for nursery, and then, the highlight of the day, a party at McDonald's.  That was the best for both of us.  Dak's friends, a semi-sound proof room, fun food, and someone else to run the games and clean up the mess!  I got to enjoy the smiles and laughter, and the other moms, while the kids had a great time partying.  I highly recommend it!  All of a sudden, my new 5 year old seems taller, speakers clearer, and acts, well, older.  My little man is growing up.

My oldest son, Damian Jr (born March 21, 1997, at 12:21am, weighing 8lbs 10oz.) turned 13 yesterday.  Damian was blessed with a Sunday birthday and celebrations that lasted all weekend long:  birthday cake at Friday teen night, paintball and party with friends on Saturday, and Sunday, THE DAY, great weather, more good cake, and a successful football match.  I got exhaustion, which rightly reminded me of his wonderful entry into this world! I am now the mother of a teenager again, and I think it's going to be fun!

Today, is the climax of birthdays for me, for today is my oldest child's birthday.  Dana Joyce, my only daughter, was born on March 22, 1988, at 6:58am, weighing 8lbs 3oz.  I was 20 years old.  That day changed my life forever.  I discovered unconditional love, a purpose in life, someone more important to me than me. Life was hard. Life was full. Life was good. Dana's birth, life, saved me from myself, saved me when I didn't know I needed saving.  What could have been a devastating event in my life became the turning point I needed to send me in the right direction.

You see, raising Dana reminded me of how I was raised - in church. After Dana was born, I had her dedicated in my brother's Christian church.  I attended off and on, but as Dana got older, I started to realize that Dana needed more than just an occasional religion, and so did I.  By the time Dana was 4, we were regularly attending church.  I didn't surrender to the Lord, allowing Him to ultimately save me, for several years, but this was the begin of the path that has lead me to who I am today.  I am so thankful that God can take our 'mistakes' and turn them into victories for Him and us!

Happy birthday, my precious children: Dana, Damian, and Dakota. March is a good month for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment