Welcome to my little green patch. I hope you are blessed, inspired, and even tickled by what you find here!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Meet the Pioneer Woman and the Apple Cider Mill

Hi, dear friends.  My, how I've missed you!  This past week has been a whirlwind, every day greeting me with a different pile of stuff.  Of course, making all my appointments for the same week was not the best idea. But, now that my hair is done, my eyes have been check (with still no way to clear up this blurry vision!), tutoring completed, date night sadly over, church cleaned and decorated for our ladies tea, ladies tea over, church cleaned again, and a long day trip to Manchester, (not to mention the other things I had to do to get all the above accomplished), I finally feel like I can breathe again.

It's not like I haven't had busy weeks before, but somehow, last week seemed busier, more chaotic, and in the end, not as rewarding. Sometimes, I look back and feel like I've just been doing stuff.  Last week was one of those weeks.  I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually missed my house-bound days of doing lessons, cleaning the kitchen ten times a day, and hanging out with my kids and hubby.  It doesn't sound like much, but those are really my most productive days!

This morning has been particularly lazy for me, and I feel no shame in that!  I've played all six of my Lexulous games on Facebook (so, if I'm playing you, go make your move!), had a chat with a friend (Hi, Jane!) and even did my Bible study this morning (which is an accomplishment, since lately, I've been doing it whenever).  So, even in this lazy state I find myself in, I feel like I have been productive.

After feeling satisfied that life was levelling off, I decided it was time to write.  But, before I could write, I needed to read.  So, I took a look at a couple of blogs that I like to follow and have now decided to share them with you.

One is the Apple Cider Mill.  If you have checked out this blog, you might find it strange that I follow it, seeing how the young woman who writes it is a devout Catholic.  Of course, I don't agree with everything I read, however, I have found that I can learn something from this precious one who's sole desire is to care for her family and home to the best of her ability.  Lately, she has been doing a lot of writing on spring cleaning (see older posts - March 2).  After I got past my own feelings of laziness and shame, I realized it was time to get busy taking care of my home a little better.  If you have the courage, I challenge you to take a look at this valuable blog for some inspiration and direction.  I've definitely been inspired and my family will be blessed for it.

Another blog I love is the Pioneer Woman.  I am sure that with one look you will be hooked, too!  City slicker gone pioneer wife.......good stuff! She calls her home schooled kids punks and her hubby is definiitely the Marlboro Man!  Ree is always good for a laugh, a great recipe, and some clarity of thought when my mind is bogged down by the clutter of my own thoughts.  I hope you find a few minutes to check it out and enjoy a laugh.

As for me, I'm off to teach my kids something and hopefully, learn something myself!

3 comments:

  1. I love ready your blog, but not as much as chatting to you and spending time with you. I'm going to read this every day while your gone so you better keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee Hee I will! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd noticed that blogger was a catholic. It's so tragic that she is deceived so badly. She does have a nice blog though. Do share any other you've come across, and I agree with Jane...keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete