Welcome to my little green patch. I hope you are blessed, inspired, and even tickled by what you find here!

Friday, March 12, 2010

The Student Has Become the Teacher

We went to Manchester last Sunday to visit a couple of churches that had invited my husband to preach.  Unsure of what our meals would be like during the day, I told my boys that we may have McDonald's later.  After two meetings and various food offerings between services, we headed back on our two hour drive home. We weren't on the road long before my boys were hungry for a real meal, so we stopped at a service area for some grub.  There was a Burger King there, which is quite a treat, since we do not have a Burger King anywhere near our house.  The boys happily ate their burgers and fries as we got back on the road. Unfortunately, it wasn't long before we passed a McDonald's.  Upon seeing this, my little man says, "Hey, we didn't go to McDonald's yet."  I casually reminded him that we had Burger King instead, and they are just alike. With great enthusiasm and clear pronunciation, my near five year old says, Burger King is NOT like McDonalds........it's called Burr-Grrrr  KinnG!

1 comment: