Welcome to my little green patch. I hope you are blessed, inspired, and even tickled by what you find here!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Eyes to See

I am finally back after a three month hiatus. Not that I needed a break.  It's just that I couldn't write.  I had nothing to say, at least not of any value to you, my friends. I found myself in a strange place, not wanting to say anything more than what I could write on a Facebook post. Now that the fog has cleared, I find that I have learned some things, lots of things, these past twelve weeks.

Let's first go back to the mystery of the key!  I can't believe I never told you the outcome!  I apologize for leaving you hanging. Of course, we did find the key, and thinking back, I'd say that THAT experience was the beginning of my summer lessons from God.

Many people had searched the church and parking lot looking for that key.  Many eyes had peered through the tented windows of the van hoping to discover it's hiding place. Yet, no one could see it.  It took the eyes of a child to see what no one else could see.

As we stood outside the church waiting for the locksmith, my 13 year old son cupped his face to the glass and shouted, "I found the key!"  The key was on the floor of the back seat waiting to be found.  Of course, once we knew where to look, it was easy for all to see, and with seeing came great relief.  Was the problem solved?  Not quite.  But we now had hope and confidence that things would be just fine.

If you recall from my original post, I was confident beforehand that things would work out fine.  Did I know what the outcome would be? No.  But I still had peace in this otherwise frustrating situation.

As I thought about this seemingly minor event in my life, I realized that I could learn something from it.  I wanted to have eyes to see.  I know that I can have peace in the midst of the storm. I get that, but I want to see and understand, too. (Don't we all?!) As the summer went on, God did open my eyes to some important things about being a daughter of an ageing mother, being a mom willing and able to take on the responsibility of teaching her children, being the mother of an adult, how to be at home without a house, and the fragileness of relationships neglected, not nurtured. Like everything else, learning is continual, but God and I have made some good headway in these areas. Over this weekend (I promise!) I will share with you the things that God has opened my eyes to and the new peace I have.  In the meantime, I'm praying that you, my friends, will have peace in your storm and eyes to see HIM!

I Peter 5:7  Casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.

1 comment:

  1. "fragileness of relationships neglected"

    Oh that phrase really stuck out to me. People are so important aren't they.

    ReplyDelete