Welcome to my little green patch. I hope you are blessed, inspired, and even tickled by what you find here!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy New Day!

When I logged on this morning I noticed that I had only written two summer lessons.  I knew I had a top three list of things I learned this summer, and yet I thought I had written the important things down.  As I reread my last blog, I realized that I had written about two in one - my children and homeschooling.  Of course, it does make sense that those two go together, but in my 'ranting' I didn't realize how much I had covered!  Now I've learned something else, it's good to write!  It's good to look back, remembering where you've been.  It's good to see that you are not standing still..........and not going backwards!

After the day and night I just had, I'm thankful for a new morning.  A chance to do what I didn't do yesterday. A chance to focus on the right things. A chance to enjoy my children more. A chance to love a little more, play a little more, talk a little more. I'm going to make the most of whatever the Lord gives me today.

This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!

2 comments:

  1. RuthAnn, thankyou for sharing this. W all need to be reminded that we should be kind toward one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. The hard part is being kind to those we think don't deserve it. We can only be kind to those people with the power of God. I think sometimes we can all excuse away our treatment of others because of they way they are, but God makes it very clear that we should love and do GOOD to even our enemies and those in their evil ways. I know I can only do that with God's help.

    ReplyDelete