Welcome to my little green patch. I hope you are blessed, inspired, and even tickled by what you find here!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Being Mrs Pickett Has It's Privileges

It seems like everybody knows my husband.  If you've met him, you definitely couldn't forget him.  Most people love him.  Some people aren't so sure.  Others pitty me.  (Sorry, Dear, but it's true.)  But I'm here to tell you that being Mrs. Pickett has its privileges!

Mr. Pickett has been sick for three days now.  Of course, this has its effect on the whole family.  Especially me.  You might be thinking of all the whining I must endure.  (It really hasn't been too bad this time.)  I've also heard the phrase, 'you have three boys,' more than once, and this often does seem true.  Yet, the biggest thing for me this week has been that I've had to be HIM and ME.   What a difference that has made!  

On Monday, I got to get lost in the grocery store again (not because HE would get lost, but because he does all the grocery shopping!).   Next, I got to do the laundry. (A real chore for me, since my hubby does that, too!)  Then, I got to go to the bank and post office (another one of his pleasures.).

I must say, that was the best part of the day.  A matter of fact, that was the inspiration for this hubby praise session.  You see, my man asked me to go to the bank.  Not the one in town, but the new little branch he'd discovered that is closer, faster.  After he reminds me how to make a deposit in the UK (pitiful, I know), I set off to do yet another one of his tasks.  Upon entering the bank, I stopped at the counter to fill in the deposit form.  Although my hubby has reminded me what to do, I am still unsure (because I NEVER go to the bank).  So, I go to the teller, seeking affirmation.  As the teller is looking the slip over, she says to me, "I haven't seen YOU for a while."  Of course, I'm thinking she may NEVER have seen ME before, especially since this is my first time in this branch.  Interrupting my thoughts, she says, "I think it's been about five years, when I worked at the bank in Cannock."  I laugh and said, "It's probably been that long since I've gone to the bank!  This is my husband's job."  Then she and the lady next to her look at each other, and say, "We know! (hee hee) Tell Mr. Pickett we said hello!"  That really tickled me. I'm sure the only reason they recognized me was because of him, and that's alright with me!

Thank you, hubby!  You're the best.  Now get better so you can get back to your stuff! :)

5 comments:

  1. Our hubby's are fantastic, we all need reminding of that sometimes. Maybe when ladies moan about their hubbys they should write a list of what he actually does....see if they still moan then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are blessed Mrs Pickett.
    Even when you write down what a husband does and it doesn't amount to much, and certainly not a jot compared to the wonderful Mr Pickett - it is still necessary to praise and give thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane and Paula, You are so right. Count your blessings and in everything give thanks! Praise is so much better than complaining........and gets better results! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Ruth Ann, I just needed to let you know how much I'm enjoying reading your thoughts. I'm not into following blogs of any kind, but Terri S. mentioned yours and I thought I'd check it out. Now I love it. Keep up the good work and encouraging stories. I'm already anticipating the next one, and I hope Mr. Pickett gets well soon also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too sweet, Norian. Thank you. When I'm inspired, I write. As you can see, I've been inspired a lot lately! :)

    ReplyDelete