Welcome to my little green patch. I hope you are blessed, inspired, and even tickled by what you find here!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday Night is Pizza Night!

Thursday night is pizza night in the Pickett household.  It no longer matters why it is pizza night, only that it is.  My boys are good at reminding me of that.  My 12 year old can make a good pizza - from dough to oven - all on his own.  Unfortunately, the novelty has worn off.

 Now, this has become the highlight of my 4 year old's week.... sometimes to my consternation.  I don't want to deal with the mess, muster up the patience, or take the extra time to let him do it by himself.

But lately, I've been plagued by this thing called time. Where does the time go? Minutes turn into hours, hours into days, and days into years before I look back and realize they are gone. Sometimes, I've looked so forward to the next phase that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed the phase we are in.

So, tonight I will ignore the mess of flour on the floor,  not cringe when he licks his fingers and sprinkles on the cheese, resist the urge to straighten every pepperoni into symmetry.  Tonight, I will delight in my child and  make precious memories of pizza night with him.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Photos!!! :D

    LOL to straighening the pepperoni!

    You figured how to get the photos in with the text too. Very 'cool' as you'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sue! LOL About the pepperoni! You know how I am! :) And I like the 'cool' factor of the photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the pepperoni is still perfectly symmetrical anyway. Looks like you didn't try *that* hard. :D But he is precious and I wish I were there to enjoy it with you. That's awesome. (PS: well done with the pictures... :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Dak did do a good job. The picture is so small, you can't see that they aren't even. Of course, Dak has seen me do this before, so he just copied me. Much to my relief! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth Ann,

    Do you have crust recipe? I've been looking for a reliable one that isn't hoity-toity; something I can whip-up on a Saturday afternoon.

    Thanks,
    Roxanne

    PS: I'm enjoying reading your blog; thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete