Welcome to my little green patch. I hope you are blessed, inspired, and even tickled by what you find here!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Outsmarted By a Four Year Old!

Yesterday morning, while I was typing up my latest blog, Dakota kept coming to me, asking if he could do this or do that.  In the mornings, when we are not doing school, I like for him to play with his toys and watch a show while I get some things done.  Dak has this great castle he's been building with MegaBlocks, so he usually does a bit of both, watching and building. Yesterday, however, Dakota wanted to eat, eat, eat and play LegoGames on the XBox. Of course, he knows he can't have crisps or biscuits until lunchtime or play his 30 minutes (or soooo) on the XBox until after lunch, but he persisted, negotiation tactics in hand!  On his last attempt, Dakota says, "How about I play my game after my show is over?!"  Thinking I could put him off for at least an hour, I happily agreed. Then, with the biggest smile I've ever seen, Dakota says, "And my show is already over!"

1 comment:

  1. LOLOLOL! I love Dak. He's awesome. That's the best story I've ever heard. xox.

    ReplyDelete