Welcome to my little green patch. I hope you are blessed, inspired, and even tickled by what you find here!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lesson Plans and Lessons Learned

After the better part of two weeks off, it is time to settle down and write my last few weeks of lesson plans in preparation of going back to America.  The beginning of the planning is easy......just pick up where we left off.  It's where to stop that is the challenge.  There is so much I want to do before we pack up to leave, unsure of what those first few weeks in America will be like.  I've been here before, desiring to plan much, knowing it can't be done.  Why, you  might ask?   Because, regardless of all my careful planning, life happens.  I'm not even sure what my last few weeks in England will be like!

Sometimes I get discouraged by the distracts, some avoidable, some to be expected but are not.  In times past, I have wondered how much my kids are really learning.  Are we keeping up or at least moving forward?  I can say with confidence that this year has been the best!  Progress has been made, fun has been had, and less regret incurred.  As I think back through my memories, I've decided to share with you a few moments I've captured on 'film.'  These are for my encouragement as much as for your enjoyment.  Whether you are a homeschooler, classroom teacher, or just someone passing through, I hope you have a blessed week, full of things accomplished, happy flexibility when required, and an overall sense of time well spent.


2 comments:

  1. "...last few weeks in England", whoa, don't start saying it, otherwise it will feel like it really will happen :-(

    Really nice pics and you are so right about planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my brothers so much. Thanks for these pics, Mom. I like seeing what they do in school. And they are both so gorgeous. Give them kisses for me today. <3

    ReplyDelete